CERT-LT is the Lithuanian national Computer Emergency Response Team whose task is to promote security in the information society by preventing, observing, and solving information security incidents and disseminating information on threats to information security.
The purpose of the CERT-LT is to provide capability to deal with network and information security incidents in Lithuanian public electronic networks and to do their prevention.
- Registration and investigation of network and information security incidents in Lithuanian public electronic networks.
- Coordination of actions of Internet service providers, telecommunication network operators and CERT groups in Lithuania when responding to network and information security incidents.
- Investigation of vulnerabilities of networks and information systems and prevention of network and information security incidents.
- Dissemination of information to telecommunication network operators and users about threats to network and information security
- Promotion of establishment of new CERTs. Monitoring the state of network and information security in public electronic networks.
The CERT-LT scope of activity are the networks of telecommunication operators and Internet service providers in Lithuania. CERT-LT receives the notifications of telecommunication operators' concerning network and information security incidents and threats. End users should contact their service providers at first. In case the operators can't solve their problems, users can report to CERT-LT.
English version of our RFC 2350:or PDF.